Monday 13 June 2016

New World Park Hawker Center

New World Park is located near a town area and has most of the Penang Hawker food that tourist want to try. My brother and I thought of dining there as it is also more comfortable and has baby chair provided (Travelling with a toddler can be hectic) and they had TV to keep baby busy for just a few seconds while I quickly pour my food in my stomach... We parked at their car park and take a seat and start ordering! Because I am with Jelly, I didn't manage to take plenty of the surrounding photos (this is when I miss Jelly's daddy because he didn't came with me!)

So, let's Start Eating before Jelly turns the table! These are the food we ordered that day. Some of it my brother paid and I can't remember the price. 
Minced meat rice

Minced meat rice: Minced meat with seasoning and soy sauce with shredded carrot and cucumber and pork floss as a side dish. Just mix everything together and eat. Not spicy and suitable for toddler. Taste a little salty and sweet, it's more to my type of liking, but Jelly doesn't seems to like it. Because of the portion is kinda medium, it is not sufficient for big eaters (I am a breastfeeding mom, not a big eater and I eat for a reason alasanlah!  ) 

Pan Mee
Pan Mee: Pan Mee is a Hakka-style noodle, originating from Malaysia. Its Chinese name literally translates to "flat flour noodle". It is part of Malaysian Chinese cuisine.(Cited from Wikipedia). The thickness is ok, noodle is tender and the soup tasted nice with dried anchovies, minced meat and some green lefty vegetables. It is also not spicy so is suitable for toddlers. Jelly loves this and ate quite a bit. Size is also acceptable.

Hokkien Mee
Hokkien Mee: Hokkien mee normally served with prawn based soup and has a spicy chili aroma. It also has meat, some leafty vegetable like kangkung and egg with some fried onion on top. The portion is kinda medium. It is spicy so is not suitable for toddlers. I didn't offer this to Jelly.


Char Koey Teow
Char Koey Teow: Ah... this is one of the most popular dish in Penang or a food that resembles Penang. Everyone knows about Char Koey Teow. It is one of the must try food if anyone visits Penang. It has a little spiciness and the wok heat, fry with prawns, waxed meat (Lap Cheong) and some bean sprout and ku chai (Allium tuberosum). If it is not spicy then toddlers can try but it can be heaty if eaten too much. Jelly only loved the bean sprout... LOL!


Wan Tan Mee and extra Wan Tan

Wan Tan Mee: Wan tan is seasoned minced meat wrapped inside a thin dough skin. They served 2 kinds of Wan Tan, one is boiled and another is fried. Served with green leafty vegetable and smoked meat. Noddle is cooked with dark soy sauce and some seasoning. It is not spicy so it can be taken by toddlers. Jelly doesn't seem to like it either (Or maybe I had been feeding her almost every weekend morning, and she is sick of it.. LOL!  )

Price Range : $
Style: Hawker food
Notes:
~ Child seat is available
~ They have TV for entertainment
~ Utensils are self service (Collect at a special counter)
~ Car park is available with a fee


Where is it? View the google map below:


I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment