Tuesday 13 September 2016

Breastfeeding Event Organized by DAP Wanita Bagan on 11 Sept 2016 年国际哺乳周

Since I am still proudly breastfeed my 20 month old little Jelly, I get ourselves registered and join an event organized by DAP Wanita Bagan to support and normalized breastfeeding together with 19 other breastfeeding mommies! This event's main purpose is to spread the awareness and benefits of breastfeeding and also to encourage breastfeeding. With no registration fees, I just bring Jelly to attend this event at 9.30am morning. 
A Date with Penang Chief Minister Mr Lim Guan Leng


Besides breastfeeding event, they also have kids coloring contest and one booth promoting organic vegetables and another selling comic of CM Lim Guan Eng. He even provide autograph after the breastfeeding event! They also provide Curry Puff & Nasi Lemak as refreshments. Jelly love the curry puff.

We arrive and received a goody bag consist of 4 small Tupperware container, a wet wipe and a RM20 Aeon cash voucher. WOW! I was surprised with the goody bag they provide (kinda generous).

Note: Jelly is kinda sleepy as I dig her up at 8am to attend this event at 9am. That's why all her photo came without smiling... lol...
Me & Jelly Holding the goodie bag
Both of us wearing customized shirt from Printcious
Briged Wanita 2016
My Lucky Number - 7

MC Speaking
Everyone rush to shake hand and snap photo with Penang CM Lim Guan Eng
Me with some of the mommies
Jelly peek through the nursing cover from Lunavie
Receive my Certificate from Penang CM Lim Guan Eng

Total 20 mommies join this event

My main supporter in our extended breastfeeding journey
Me posing to have a photo with Penang CM Lim Guan Eng

Jelly being exhausted as keep hiding behind nursing cover... LOL

Penang CM Lim Guan Eng giving autograph to his fans

DAP National Wanita Chairperson Chong Eng (Bukit Mertajam Region)

Certificate for joining this Event
In this event, I manage to meet and have photograph with some of our local politicians. They also provide light refreshments and

If I am still breastfeeding next year, I will continue to join breastfeeding awareness events. My main aim after breastfeeding for so long is to let other mommies know that breastfeeding is very normal and to show that many parties (private or government) also supports breastfeeding. During my breastfeeding journey, I personally feel that it is very challenging for breastfeeding mom to continue nurse until baby exceeds 12 months old. Most of my friends stopped after reaching the 6th month or 12th months mark and only a handful of them exceed the 12 month mark because of work pressure and lack of support. I am lucky and thankful that my husbands supported me to breastfeed little Jelly until she is 18 months old only I started working again, and to be able to maintain milk supply (pump at work) is a very challenging task. Lucky that my employer is also considerate and allow me to pump at work. After breastfeeding for 20 months now, I feel that these are the requirements to a successful extended breastfeeding:
1) Strong support from family members and NEVER doubt you breast milk (either supply or quality of the milk)
2) Strong mentality and discipline during the first month during confinement to build up supply.
3) Persistence to continue to breastfeed no matter what.
4) Other tips can get from the internet like power pumping, food list (either to avoid or to increase breast milk), type of pumps( Manual or electrical) and etc.

It is always easier said than done. Breastfeeding is up to individual's decision, nurse at your pace and never compare with others as each individual's mentality and needs are different.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment