Saturday 6 February 2016

Dinner @ 初の雪 FROSTS (Alma, Bukti Mertajam)

This cafe also serves pork, therefore it is a non halal cafe.
** Shop temporary closed for renovation, will re-open again in between 1st - 12 July**



It's almost Chinese New Year and people started to organize gatherings. I am also invited to join friends gathering. Because I am a fully latched on breastfeeding mother, I will be bringing Jelly along which is kind of challenging to get a place where my toddler can crawl and explore on her own while we chit chat and dine. My option is to look for a cafe which is sit on the floor type. When I wanted to look for floor dining type, usually people will think of is those Japanese restaurant where we sit on tatami floor carpet with a short legged table. I am now sourcing if mainland has such dining experience not only targeting Japanese food.

Luckily, Frosts has a private room to cater for my needs (They will provide private room if we spend above RM 100). It has a floor dinning type of option which my toddler can cruise and crawl around on the floor. She doesn't like sitting on highchair for a long period of time so this is my option if I were needed to dine outside (FYI, she is a move-a-lot toddler, whom wants to explore and move all the time), or I won't enjoy my meals and we will eat up and go in less than 30 minutes...
Jelly and Daddy

Jelly even crawl on the table

See how short is the table is?

Jelly being curious what is under the table... lol!

As you can see the tables are short and they had square cushions for customers to sit on the floor. Jelly as usual explore and make herself comfortable roaming around and above the table. But I will not let her climb up the table if food is served.

When it's time to order, one of the staff was friendly and helpful with all of our request! Minor spills and splatters can't be avoided with toddler around but he still helps to clean up without showing a bitter face. 

The price was kind of cafe price. When the food arrived, we were quite surprised with the portion they provide! It is quite a large portion for a normal eater. Some of my friends ordered steamboat which is quite cheap (RM 17.50 for light soup with rice / noodle portions for 2 person)!

Light Soup Steamboat for 2 person - RM 17.50

I ordered Jumbo Chicken. It was really a Jumbo! Lol! It has 2 bread (top & bottom) sandwiching a fried chicken chop which wrapped with a layer of fried egg. It is served with fries and some salads.
Big Chicken - RM 15.90


My husband ordered chicken chop. It also has rice with it so it is quite filling. 

Mushroom Sauce Chicken Chop with Rice - RM 15.90

One of my friend ordered vinegar pork trotter noddle. They offered the meat very generously. My friend said the sweet vinegar aroma is very strong. 
Vinegar Trotter Mee - RM 13.90
Some of the dish I didn't manage to capture as some of my friends are too famished and eat before my camera does... lol! So this is the bill~!
They didn't charge service tax and GST! 

Overall Review :
Taste: Overall everyone is quite satisfied with the taste. Also didn't feel thirsty after eating the main dish. Only my picky eater husband is not satisfied as he say the meal is too salty. All of us feel its just nice. (8/10)
Service: Dine in private room. They also have baby chair if were to sit on normal high tables. Toddler friendly if dine in private room. Service is very good! The waiter was patience with us and seems energetic and helpful to all of our requests. Plus, they didn't charge service charge and other taxes! Price at menu is final.
Notes:
~ Non halal cafe.
~ They served from western to oriental cuisine and have desserts. I was too full and cancelled my dessert as their food portion is quite large.
~ We dine in an air con room. Since some of my friends ordered steamboat, the kind waiter even move in an air filter so that we can dine comfortably without the steamboat smoke.
~ There are ample of parking space nearby.

Address: 2, Medan Seri Impian 2, Pusat Perniagaan Seri Impian, Alma, ,, 14000 Bukit Mertajam
Phone: +604-548 3731
Hours: Tuesday -Sunday, 12:00 pm - 11:30 pm, CLOSED on MONDAY
Website: https://www.facebook.com/Frosts-584385594974513/

I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment