Thursday 18 August 2016

Cake Time (Cake) Review

Recently there is a cute bright colorful van appearing at residential areas and certain locations. My husband and I manage to spot the van at Juru Pasar Malam yesterday! My husband was excited and wanted to try their Japanese Cheese cake since it has been gone viral by people sharing around social media about how delicious was their cakes! All cakes are sold at a fixed price of RM10 per box.
The Cake Republic
Japanese Cheese Cake - RM 10/box
My husband can't resist and eat before I take photo.


This is what I saw that they have on their van. Some already sold out, but that doesn't interest my husband, as he only wants Japanese Cheese cake.. lol!

Cake
Their cute little van

Cake
Customers with a small mini van

Food
Their Queue from Here sign
But customers didn't care as we are deciding which to buy

Food
Some of their cake has been sold off

Food
Green tea Red Bean (top)
Red Velvet Layer (bottom)

Food
On the counter is Japanese Cheese & Durian Cheese
Other cakes below

Food
On the counter : Durian Cheese
Blueberry Layer (Top)
Golden Peach Layer (Bottom)

Food
Their Pay & Collect area

This is the list of cakes I saw labeled at their counter (including those sold out).
~ Japanese Cheese 
~ Durian Cheese
~ Mocha Caramel Layer
~ Green Tea Read Bean
~ Blueberry Cheese
~ Red Velvet Layer
~ Mocha Marble Cheese
~ American Chocolate
~ Chicken Floss
~ Dark Chocolate Brownie
~ Golden Peach Layer
~ Blueberry Layer

Review :
Taste: The Japanese Cheese is soft and tasted very nice and smells great! Just that the corner piece doesn't taste as good as the pieces in the center. It is a little more compact than sponge cake but still soft and spongy. Not oily and cheese doesn't smell too heavy. Jelly loves it also. But it gets harden once refrigerated, therefore I still prefer the texture at room temperature. (7/10)
Service: Only one guy in the van and we just tell him what we want and everyone there didn't even bothered to follow their "Please Queue Up from Here" and "Pay & Collect Here" signs. Only take away service and since it's a food truck service, you have to check their Facebook to know where are they heading. 
Price: RM 10 for a box of cake. My husband finds it a little pricey but I feel that it is OK. 
Notes: 
~ No baby chairs available. Only available take away.
~ It is operating on a van and location might be different every time.
~ Visit their website (Cake Time) to know where is their latest location. 

I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment