Monday 8 August 2016

The Malaysian Big Latch at Gurney Paragon 7 August 2016

I was really trilled to join this event organized by several organizations (WABA, TBAN, Angugu, MMPS, Kumpulan Sokongan Susu Ibu Sarawak, Susuibu.com) on 7th August 2016. 1st - 7th August was recognized as National World Breastfeeding week (Wikipedia). I joined last year as well, but this year, we manage to enter The Malaysia Book of Records for the Largest Breastfeeding session Nationwide! A total of 820 moms breastfeed at 3pm for 15 minutes at 4 different areas (Petaling Jaya, Sarawak, Penang and Johor Baharu) nationwide! 

Since I am lucky to be in Penang, I joined the Penang event which located at St Jo's 3rd floor. It was crowded and a total of 150 of us came for this event.

Breastfeeding week 2016
The Malaysian Big Latch 2016

It was a very hectic day as Jelly wake up at 8am and I need to get her to nap before heading to the event to avoid her getting grumpy. We departed from mainland at 1.30pm, and not sure is it the traffic or is it Pokemon Go, everyone is driving very slow! I manage to rush to get myself registered sharp on 2.30pm, phiew!

After arriving, the staff was friendly enough to guide us and show us around. We all are given a goodie bag (some flyers, with a small cake and drinks), with a cert which is priceless, not bad for a RM10 registration right? 

Saw their signs everywhere at Gurney Paragon area

After registration, got my number of 106!

Because the area is a little cramp, Dads are not allowed in the area...
Dad's view point from behind.
All the goodie bags are left on the chairs.

Selfie time!

Selfie again!

Jelly's point of view while nursing
Blurry photo because I need to catch Jelly before she ran away! LOL!

Thanks to my friend Aline for guiding about breastfeeding!
She is also an extended breastfeeding mom for 2year and 4 months!

My Target... now only at 19months.. another 5 more months to go!

My Accomplishment with little Jelly!

Places in Penang which is breastfeeding friendly
I wish to attend again next year if I am still breastfeeding. Join or see these groups to know more about breastfeeding or about their events... :)
WABA
TBAN
Angugu
MMPS
Susuibu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment