Monday 16 April 2018

Althea Bare Essentials Product Review

Introducing Althea's New product range, Althea Bare Essentials! Why Bare Essentials you might think, because as how Althea had explained, complicated skincare steps make your skin tired, so simplify and give your skin what it really needs. Infused with nourishing and hydrating ingredients from nature, their 3-step skincare is all you need to keep your skin at its most optimal and comfortable state. 
Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Bare Essentials


Althea Bare Essentials is based on the most prominent fact that a solid routine starts from 3 essential steps - Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing.

Althea Bare Essentials
All products has a seal, stud or cover to avoid spillage

Step 1 - Contour Cleanser (150g)

Packed with soothing Ice Plant and detoxifying Lemon Myrtle extracts, this cleanser is densely filled with micro capsules that burst upon contact with water to gently cleanse, exfoliate, and detoxify skin. The Contour Cleanser helps to promote blood circulation, and reduces bloating and swelling for a defined, enviably slim face shape.
Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Contour Cleanser
Came with a seal

Althea Contour Cleanser (back)

Top cap

Small portion of amount is sufficient for my whole face!

Althea Bare Essentials
Add a little water and it foams up a lot!

Cleanse Cleanse Cleanse!!

Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Contour Cleanser
Review: It's very foamy for such a small amount! I only use around 2cm length of the cleanser and it is enough for my whole face and neck! It has small grainy particles which dissolved once rubbing onto my face. It also has a slight cooling sensation when I am cleaning my face but the cooling sensation doesn't last very long once washed. Because my skin is considered non-sensitive with combined skin type, this cleanser is suitable for me. It doesn't feel stretchy or dry after washing and leaving skin feeling cleansed. As for the scent, it has a very mild citurcy smell but it will fade away in a short while.
Price:   RM23.00 (as of April 2018)
Source: Althea's Website

Step 2 - Primer Water (200ml)

Both a hydrating toner and a primer in one, the Primer Water contains patented dewdrop technology (Macro Fluidic Dispersion technology) that gently fills the gaps between pores and allows hydration to penetrate deep within the layers of the skin. Made with Snow Lotus extracts, this skincare heavy hitter has an incredibly smooth and silky texture that enhances the skin’s natural glow, leaving you with the perfect canvas.

Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Primer Water
Came with a stud

Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Primer Water (Back)

Althea Primer Water

Althea Primer Water
It is a little thicker than water liquid
Althea Primer Water
My Favorite!



Review: Actually the amount I poured out on the above photo is a little too much for my face and neck. It only requires around 6-7 drops on my whole face. Apparently this Althea Primer Water is my favorite product out of the product range! It is being absorbed by my skin in around 1 minute, and best part is that it is not too "heavy" for my skin! It is also not sticky once dried and when I washed my hands, I also don't feel a sticky sensation. Skin feeling soft and smooth once dried.
Price:   RM43.00 (as of April 2018)
Source: Althea's Website

Step 3 - Fixer Cream (50g)

This non-oily, quick-absorbing formula harnesses the power of Trehalose, an ingredient found in the cactus plant that prevents its moisture loss, to provide the skin with 24-hour hydration. This ultra-nourishing wonder cream is also rich in antioxidants derived from Camellia Sinensis (green tea) seed oil, and helps to promote collagen regeneration using Baobab Tree extracts. Upon application, your skin is left looking great and feeling bouncy to the touch.
Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Fixer Cream
Came with a top cover

Althea Bare Essentials
Althea Fixer Cream (Back)

Althea Fixer Cream

Only Required a small amount for the whole face

Apply evenly all over your face

Althea Fixer Cream
Review: First time trying I was way too greedy and applied a lot more amount than my skin can afford, and it is a little too heavy for my skin, and it has a little itch too... After the first attempt, I try applying a way lot lesser amount and the cream suits my skin ever then. It is not "heavy" for my skin if I applied the appropriate amount and after waited a while for it to be absorbed, my skin feel soft and smooth and not sticky all day long! After a long day under air-con room, my face is still hydrated and I keep feeling (or touching) my face still soft and not sticky... Because of the corner of my nose and chin is a little drier compared to other place of my face, this cream is able to ensure the dry part is hydrated.  
Price:   RM50.00 (as of April 2018)
Source: Althea's Website

Price & packaging in this review is as of April 2018. All reviews are based on my own experience after trying the product for more than 1 week.


No comments:

Post a Comment