Wednesday 26 December 2018

Red Dates + Dried Longan + Polygonatum Odoratum Tea (红枣龙眼玉竹茶)

The main purpose of this tea is actually for to act as my milk booster... I had been taking them for more than a month and every time if I skipped for 2 days or more, my milk supply will reduce very badly... Last time I only take Red Dates & Dried Longan and because it cause heat to the body, I often developed oral ulcers... OUCH! Then the Chinese herb shop asked me to add Polygonatum Odoratum (which is called Yu Zhu 玉竹 in Mandarin) and since then, I never developed ulcer and this ingredient also didn't impact on my milk supply...

Red Dates + Dried Longan + Polygonatum Odoratum Tea


It is a very easy to prepare, you only need 3 ingredients and you can buy them from any Chinese medicine shop.
Ingredients


Ingredients :-
About 10 pieces of Dried Logan
About 12-15 pieces of small Red Dates (Or 10 pcs of big red dates)
A few stands of Polygonatum Odoratum

Method:-
Prepare a flask. Wash all ingredients and make sure to twist the dates (if you get those pitted ones then ignore this step) and add hot water and wait for 2 hours and keep refill until tea color turns pale and tasteless. I normally only brew and use it for 3 times.

Brew 2nd time again and wait for 1 hour and drink the tea

My milk supply eventually does maintain and increase a little
Notes to add:
~ I didn't depends on this tea alone to maintain my milk supply,  but without drinking this tea, the result is obviously lesser compared to normally when I do drink it.
~ Every weekend I also practice power pump to ensure there are still milk supply.
~ It is also important to direct nurse to ensure breast is stimulated to create more milk, eventually for my case, Piggy only nurse directly when she is half awake and when she is awake, she prefers the bottle.
~ This is based purely on my experience and it may varies from mothers to mothers, but never try never know right?

This product review is not sponsored and it is my own honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment