Friday 29 July 2016

Rose Cherry Bakery Cafe (Sungai Petani Utara) Review

Where to find a cafe selling Nasi Lemak with RM 2.50 per plate with free Wifi and Air-con? Some more it's open from 7.30am suitable for early birds and a place for breakfast? I found this gem located at Bandar Laguna Merbok, Sungai Petani Utara! I am working near by so I tried their breakfast menu today. Because I am alone (and a little greedy as well) I ordered 2 dish from the menu.
Western Breakfast
Rose Cherry Bakery Cafe



Simple and clean interior. Waitress will take your order but after your meal, need to pay at the counter.
Their interior, pay at the counter

They have baby chair and seating by the wall with a plug point

Seating inside or outside
Their Nasi Lemak Stall is located outside
Lets see their menu first... Breakfast only limited to Nasi Lemak and Western Breakfast! Their menu is really simple, all with wordings and no picture... You need to imagine how it is... LOL! But since I see many customers ordered nasi lemak, I also ordered the most basic one Nasi Lemak with Fried Egg, only RM2.50! So Cheap! Then I also add on a Western Breakfast which is Dory Fillet Sandwich (I wanted to try the Chicken Grill Sandwich but they say no more so if they have it on my next trip, I will top up in this post).

Rose Cherry Menu (Food)
Only BREAKFAST is available (except snacks) in the morning
On top their menu there's a weird number is their Wifi password

Rose Cherry Menu (Drinks)

Their New Menu
But only available after 11am
Nasi Lemak with Fried Egg (RM 2.50)

Dory Fillet Sandwich (RM5.90)

Milk Tea (RM3.20)
 They also sell other foods like Raya Cookies (I think seasonal, since now still Raya season), breads, tarts and cakes.

Bread and Cookies corner

Carrot Cake and Brownies

Cakes and Tarts
Their receipt, no GST or Service Charge

Overall Review :
Taste: Didn't feel thirsty after eating the meal. Nasi Lemak was hot and good! The sambal is not spicy and I even saw next table feeding their toddler nasi lemak. I guess children can accept as the spiciness is very mild. The cucumber is also fresh, and I love the fried egg with running yolk (I think you can request for the yolk to be fully cooked if you don't like it runny) and overall very satisfied for the price paid! As for the Dory Fillet Sandwich, although the wedges color is a bit dark but it is not over cooked. Inside is still hot and moist. The sandwich tasted quite nice also. The toast bread was just nice in thickness and hardness. (8/10)
Service: The waitress gave me the menu once I walked in. Not many customers when I arrived but their customers came in non stop (means their shop will always have two or three tables occupied). Waitress was also friendly and answered if I has some silly questions... like how big is the nasi lemak portion... I was full up to my throat after finishing both of the food plus a cup of milk tea! Blame my greediness... lol! (8/10)
Price range: The nasi lemak was quite cheap considering dining in a cafe. Drinks are a little high in price (cafe price). Western breakfast was also ok since it's portions are filling and up to expectation.
Notes:
~ Food menu is based on availability and time. Most of the food are served after 11am. Only Breakfast is available from 7.30am (Except snacks).
~ Pay at the counter after your meal
~ Free Wifi and have plug points for phone/laptop charging
~ Parking is available by the road side.
~ Open air and air-con concept.
~ Child seat is also available.
~ No GST and service charge
Address: No. 20, Lorong BLM 1/2, Bandar Laguna Merbok, 08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah
Hours: Open Daily from 7.30am - 11pm, closed every Sunday
Visit their Facebook Page for more photos of other menus : https://www.facebook.com/rosecherrybakery/

Business Hours

View below for Google location:


I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment