Monday 12 September 2016

Steamed Hor Fun (Flat Rice Noodle) at Restoran Dua Satu Enam Lapan 陈玉娇厨师饭店 Review


Sungai Petani
Steamed Hor Fun
I used to study in Sungai Petani and this shop is near my University's old campus. I used to dine her with my uni-mates which is 10 years ago! OMG! Time flies!. I miss this place actually. This shop is famous for it's Steamed Hor Fun (Or flat rice noodle). This shop looks like normal kopitiam but they also sell economical rice. One thing I miss eating is their steamed Hor Fun! During lunch hour, their place are fully packed and table sharing are very common. I am dining alone so i share a table with 2 Indian ladies with two toddlers (Yup, indians diners are common here too!)

I ordered my Steamed Hor Fun from the red shirt lady and take my sit and wait for around 10 mins. 
I placed my order to the lady in red shirt

Some of their local regular customers

Their price list for drinks

Their kitchen & drinks counter on the right

They also have place to sit outdoor but since it's raining, it is empty
I ordered Steamed Hor Fun & Cold Herbal tea.
Steamed Hor Fun - RM6 (1 person's portion)
Cold Herbal Drink - RM1
Overall Review :
Taste: Not very salty and suit my taste. I love and miss the flavor, feel kinda nostalgic. The ingredients used are fresh. The Steamed Hor Fun (1 person's portion) came in with a chunky piece of fish, a prawn, some mushrooms, a large piece of tomato and an half boil egg. If you wan your egg well done, can leave it longer as the porcelain bowl can retain heat and cook the egg yolk, or inform the lady when you place your order. The portion is also just right for me (big eater). Didn't feel thirsty after finishing the meal. (9/10)
Service: Order at counter and pay at counter. Self service. (7/10)
Price: RM 6 for 1 person's portion for Steamed Hor Fun.
Notes:
~ Child seat is also available.
~ Ample car park available.
~ They also have catering service.
Address: 34, Lengkok Cempaka 1, Bandar Amanjaya, 08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah, Malaysia
Phone: +6012- 472 1499+60 12-438 2437
Hours: Open Daily from 11am - 11pm, certain closing date is stated on their counter.

View below for Google location.

I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment