Monday 4 April 2016

Shell Mania! (Kubang Semang) Syaz Buffet Steamboat & Grill

Seafood at a table! I saw that it is in trend now! I also start googling for places which also served seafood on the table with less budget spending... 

There is one in Strait Quay which is Crab & Lobster Seafood Oyster Bar which quite costly (at least RM100 and above) for a crab meal. Since I am staying in mainland so might as well find some place closer.

I manage to get this place which is Syaz Buffet Steamboat & Grill. They have Facebook and I eventually message them to see if they accept walk in or need reservation first. Eventually they mentioned walk-in is always welcome for Shell Mania!

After seeing their price tag and without hesitating, I called my mom and we are heading to a crab meal tonight!

This is what I saw from their Facebook and expected from them



Menu Front Page

Menu Page 1
We ordered th RM30 Ketam Nipah (Mud Crab) and upgrade our drinks to Lychee with RM1
The Shell Mania set came with 2 white rice.

Menu Page 2
They only have 2 page of menu

Their interior
Noticed that we are the only Chinese diner?

This is what we get

U can see the small crab is only as big as the corn.


Review:
Taste: We ordered the Telur Masin (salted egg) flavor. It doesn't have telur masin taste. They gave us 3 crabs, in which the largest one is around 6cm wide and 2 small ones which is around 4cm wide. One of it even tasted stale. The crab's flesh also turned pale yellow. Totally not fresh. I saw the next table which also ordered mud crab, theirs are slightly larger and fresh with white flesh. their portion is also bigger compared to ours.  (3/10)
Service: They smiled as we entered. We are the only Chinese diner at that moment. I am not sure is it our bad luck for eating stale crabs or we have different treatments... We feedback to the cashier about the crabs but he just smile and say sorry, no action taken and just gave us a RM1 discount (because we ordered lychee drink which have to top up RM1). If it is not fresh, I think for sure there won't be any visitors, but their place is fully packed, so go think... My mom also doesn't like the way they place the meal on the table, she says "like dumping Sh*t"... but for others they arranged nicely. Overall I am not satisfied. :(
Notes: 
~ They have baby chairs
~ Noisy environment so toddlers can scream, run and play, and nobody bothers.
~ They have indoor (air con, but not cold, still warm) and outdoor (open air)
~ No car park available so have to park by the road side.
~ Halal 

IF YOU WISH TO TRY SHELL OUT WITH A TIGHT BUDGET, I RECOMMEND KARI CORNER @ NIBONG TEBAL!


I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment