Thursday 17 August 2017

Breastfeeding Event Organized by DAP Wanita Bagan on 13 Aug 2017 年国际哺乳周

This is my 2nd year on breastfeeding event! I am glad that I am still breastfeeding little Jelly (Oops, she is not as little as she seems!) This year, DAP Wanita Bagan organized at a more comfortable location which is at Aroma Hotel, Butterworth.


This year they even have other activities like performance of line dancing and a talk about the importance of breastfeeding and breast milk from WABA. Sadly due to some unforeseen circumstance, Mr Lim Guan Eng is unable to join us this year. 


We arrived around 9am thinking we are very late and lucky me, we are the 2nd one arrive... LOL! We taken our goodies bag, and walk into the ballroom seeing a lot of line dancers and some exhibitions about Penang waste segregation, DIY soap, Esense, DIFO and some past year's photos of breastfeeding event organized by DAP Wanita Bagan. More photos at their album in Facebook.

DAP Wanita Bagan even provide a little morning breakfast, like Nasi Lemak, Karipap and Massimo Bread! We manage to gulp it up and wait for my another friend who is also on the way. This year they event they even prepared FOC mug printing for all mommies participating! The members are very friendly and guide us all the way.


Notice at Entrance

Cheeky Fellow

Free breakfast

Jelly met a new friend and enjoying her bread

Entering the event

Banner

Jelly just staring what is happening

Booths and members of the DAP Wanita Bagan

Line Dance performance

Wefie family portrait!

I dunno what with that face with Jelly!

Waiting and listening of the speech conducted by WABA
Just look at Jelly's face... OMG!

All the mothers that attended the event!

Proud mothers to be breastfeeding our little one!

Trophies that money cannot buy.. :)
After the event, Jelly eventually got another bread to munch!

Wefie with Jelly
In this post as per last year's post, I am glad that i can attend this event again this year! It's my 2nd year attending breastfeeding event with little Jelly. I would be glad if I can manage to attend again next year (if they are to organize again)! And again (I copy from previous year's post) My main aim after breastfeeding for so long is to let other mommies know that breastfeeding is very normal and to show that many parties (private or government) also supports breastfeeding. During my breastfeeding journey, I personally feel that it is very challenging for breastfeeding mom to continue nurse until baby exceeds 12 months old, as I am now past 30 months mark. Most of my friends stopped after reaching the 6th month or 12th months mark and only a handful of them exceed the 12 month mark because of work pressure and lack of support. I am lucky and thankful that my husbands supported me to breastfeed little Jelly until she is 18 months old only I started working again, and to be able to maintain milk supply (pump at work) is a very challenging task. Lucky that my employer is also considerate and allow me to pump at work. After breastfeeding for 31 months now, I feel that these are the requirements to a successful extended breastfeeding:
1) Strong support from family members and NEVER doubt you breast milk (either supply or quality of the milk)
2) Strong mentality and discipline during the first month during confinement to build up supply.
3) Persistence to continue to breastfeed no matter what.
4) Other tips can get from the internet like power pumping, food list (either to avoid or to increase breast milk), type of pumps( Manual or electrical) and etc.
5) Join groups in Facebook like 嗯咕咕哺乳支援群 or The Breastfeeding Advocates Network, TBAN to get mental support or help or tips if needed. You are not alone and other mothers might have solution for your problems.

It is always easier said than done. Breastfeeding is up to individual's decision, nurse at your pace and never compare with others as each individual's mentality and needs are different.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment