Friday 1 September 2017

Viet Trung Restaurant (Megamal Pinang) Review

I don't really have good impression of Vietnamese food until I stumble upon this stall in Megamall Perai. I was actually wanting to go to Popular Book Store and since it's lunch time, my colleague and I decided to dine at the corner of the 2nd floor just located the entrance from the multi-level car park.
lklk
Vietnamese, Food, Penang
Viet Trung Restaurant

After scrolling through a row of food shops at level 2, we decided to give Vietnam food a try. It seems like the boss is also a Vietnamese lady, therefore we are a little more confident with the food there.
Vietnamese, Food, Penang
Viet Trung Restaurant

Vietnamese, Food, Penang
Rice

Vietnamese, Food, Penang
Mon An Nhe & Canh
(Snacks & Soup)

Vietnamese, Food, Penang
Bun
(Noodles)

Sinh To & Cafe
(Fruit juice & drinks)

Com Gia Dinh
(Dish)

To be honest, I don't even know what is served on the menu as the only word I know is the title Rice... LOL! But the Chinese words was much help. No worries as the lady boss is well fluent in Mandarin and she can help with orders. We ordered Rice Menu 10 (Com Ga Xao Gung (Stir-fry Chicken with ginger), Rice Menu 19 Com Chien Thai (Thai Fried Rice), Vietnamese Soya Bean Drink & Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Popiah)!

Banner - As I was attracted to their Thai Fried Rice

The shop front

Vietnamese Soy Bean Drink - RM2.90
It tasted a little different from our local soy bean drink. It has a stronger milky-beanie flavor, more or less close like V-Soy. We ordered warm one, as this is not in the menu.

Com Ga Xao Gung - RM8.90 (Stir-fry Chicken with ginger)
My colleague order this Stir-Fry chicken with ginger, as it tasted like sesame ginger chicken but with more spiciness from the chili padi added and also from the ginger. If you can take spicy food then you will enjoy this meal. I on the other hand can't take spicy food so this is a pass for me. Overall it tasted 7/10 for this.

While waiting for my meal I noticed 2 condiments on the table.
I googled and guessed that the bottle is Vietnamese  Nước mắm (Fish sauce) and right is some lemon grass paste

Baby chair is available too!

Com Chien Thai - RM8.90 (Thai Fried Rice)
 At last, my dished arrived and the fried rice is quite nice as it has lemon grass in it. It is not spicy and the flavor blended just right. My colleague also feel that it is good. The fried chicken is also dry but flavorful and not salty. Both the fried rice & friend chicken didn't feel very oily. Overall for the taste we give it 8/10!


Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Popiah) - RM8.40
 This is a must eat Vietnam Snack Right? U can see each roll consist of 3 medium size prawns and a lot of noodle & vegetable (like mint, cucumber and lettuce). To me this is consider a very healthy food as it doesn't have any oil in it! It came with a bowl of their specialty chili sauce and the size is very filling!
Their Bill

Review:
Taste: It taste really good and it changed my view in Vietnamese food. Overall it suited local taste. (8/10)
Service: The lady boss who attended to us was friendly and also care to explain on the menu. Overall very satisfied. (8/10)
Notes: 
~ Baby Chair available
~ Parking by the multi-level car park. (Parking fees applies)
~ This shop doesn't charged GST 6% or service charge on total bill.
~ Mall Centralized air con.
~ Toilet is also around the corner but need to pay.
Address: 2nd Floor at Megamall Pinang, near to the multi-level car park area.
Operating Hours: Everyday from 10.30am - 9pm, Close on Tuesday



Location from Google:


Price posted is as of August 2017 and  I don't get paid by this review and all are my humble and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment